Buttery Melt-In the Mouth FlatbreadCourse: Dinner, Lunch, BrunchDifficulty: Easy
300 g all purpose flour – keep some more handy just incase
1/2 tsp salt
185 ml (3/4 cup) milk
50 g ghee or butter (salted or unsalted makes no difference) I used ghee
Oil for frying
- Put the butter/ghee in a small saucepan or melt in the microwave
- When it is melted add the milk and stir
- Combine the flour and salt in a mixing bowl
- Make a hole in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour melted butter/milk mixture
- Mix a bit with a spoon and once the dough start coming on nicely use your hands to knead until it is no longer wet. You can add some more flour at this point if needed.
- Roll into a ball and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Thereafter you can break off pieces, roll into balls and flatten with a rolling pin.
- Fry them in a little bit of oil or if you prefer just with some spray and cook sprayed in the pan.The butter/ghee makes them very moist.
- Serve with soup, stew, or anything else you fancy.
- I’ve been searching high and low for a recipe that uses no yeast or baking powder especially now during lock-down due to the Covid-19 outbreak. Our shops have run out of yeast and baking powder so quickly there was no time to stock up. This recipe is an adaption of one I found online.
- Photo by Juliana Malta on Unsplash