Daily Ramblings – It’s Monday again
It is Monday morning and I feel compelled to come up with some amazing thoughts to start of the new week and normally I have tons of ideas but this morning…..nada, zip, no inspiration what to write at all!
Truth be told…. The mind has gone a bit blank this morning. I’ve got a list of topics waiting to be blogged into existence but I’m not feeling any of them this morning.
I blog over at Steemit too and in the discord chatroom earlier we were joking around whilst I was lying on my back feet up in the air as I read an article recently about the benefits of doing this.
I laughingly sent the group a photo of my feet in the air and we had a good giggle at the things we will do in the name of creativity and some other quests.
I don’t think they quite believed me… 😂 So…. @brittandjosie this one is for you.
However – putting the feet up does seem to have some amazing benefits so here goes;
I did Google these benefits and you can read more on the following site which I also insert for reference. https://www.doyouyoga.com/6-benefits-of-legs-up-the-wall-pose-48440/
- Lying on your back with the feet up against the wall lowers the heart-rate which in turns aids with lowering of stress-levels, insomnia and anxiety.
- It drains excess fluids in your legs, increases circulation as well as the fact that gravity helps better facilitate blood-flow to the heart.
- Putting your feet up against the wall can sooth cramped and or swollen feet, especially if you have been on your feet the whole day or have been flying or partaking in strenuous activities.
- It is a good stretch for your hamstrings and lower back – the closer to the wall you are the better the hamstring stretch you will get.
- It can possibly relieve lower back tension especially when done on a pillow or on the bed.
- It helps relaxing a tense pelvic floor – as the pelvic muscles naturally relax in this position.
Don’t just believe everything I write though. Be sure and go try it out for yourself.
It’s another Monday, we’re past the halfway mark of 2019. The body is tired. The brains are exhausted. Try something new. Put your feet up and let me know how it went!
Have a super Monday! I leave you with the following thought: ‘You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.’
All photos my own * the legs too.. 😂